|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||50-60 minutes|
|Passive Time||15 minutes|
- 185 g unsalted butter
- 185 g Caster Sugar
- 3 St Ewe Eggs
- 350 g mashed ripe banana
- 125 g Self Raising Flour
- 250 g plain flour
- pinch aof salt
- 1 tsp ½Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- tsp ½ground ginger
- 220 ml of Earl Grey Tea cooled (save 20ml for the glaze)*
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line 2 large or 3 smaller loaf tine with baking parchment. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add the mashed banana, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla, beating well.
- Sift the flour, spices and salt together and fold half of this into the cake batter
- Fold in half of the tea. Add the remaining dry ingredients, folding in carefully then finish with the rest of the tea.
- Spoon into prepared loaf tins and place in the oven
- Bake for 30 minutes, then lower the temperature of the oven to 160 degrees Celsius and cook for a further 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the loaves, comes out clean.
- Once the loaves are cooked, remove form the oven and leave to cool in the tins for 15 minutes.
- If using the glaze, mix the icing sugar, lemon zest and tea together to form a runny icing.
- Unmould the banana loaves from their tins, removing the baking parchment. Drizzle with the earl grey tea glaze. Serve in thick slices with a cup of tea.
Share this Recipe