|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||50-60 minutes|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a 23cm round spring from tin with baking parchment
- Beat the eggs and the oil together with the sugar. If using coconut oil and it is solid, melt it gently first.
- Sift the flour and other dry ingredients together and fold into the egg mixture until well blended.
- Stir in the walnuts if using and the grated carrots.
- Pour into prepared cake tin and place in the oven. Cook at 180 degrees for 30 minutes then reduce the heat to 150 degrees Celsius and cook for a further 20 to 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove form the oven when done and leave to cool in the tin.
- Once cool, tip out of the tin.
- To make the icing, beat the cream cheese with the butter, icing sugar and orange zest.
- Spread over the top of the cake. Garnish with more walnuts or mini decorative carrots* and a few gratings of orange zest.
Share this Recipe