We welcome back the Great British Bake Off with one of favourite sweet treats!
- Prep time:20 minutes
- Cooking time:3 hours
- Set oven to 130 degrees Celsius for fan assisted. Line a tray with baking parchment
- Put the egg whites in a super clean bowl and beat either with a hand beater or food mixer, using the whisk attachment to reach stiff peaks
- Gradually add the caster sugar a tablespoon at a time and keep beating until the meringue is glossy.
- Add the vanilla, cornflour and vinegar. Beat to mix.
- Turn off the mixer and remove the bowl.
- Spoon the meringue onto the prepared tray into a circle
- Using the back of a spoon, make a crater like hollow in the centre.
- Place the pavlova into the oven and cook for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven and leave the pavlova in there until the oven is cool.
- Remove the pavlova once cold.
- Whip the cream with the second measure of sugar and vanilla to soft peaks
- Pile on top of the pavlova and garnish with fruit of choice.
- We used some lemon curd, lots of delicious berries, lermon verbena leaves and some elderflower gin jelly to make a really summery version of this classic dessert.
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.