Cured "Rich Yolk" Egg Yolks
- Prep time:5 minutes
- Mix the sea salt and sugar together and place half the mix into a small non corrosive container. Make 4 indentations into the salt mix with the back of a teaspoon to hold the yolks.
- Separate the eggs, removing all the white and gently place each one into the depressions in the salt mix. Save the egg whites for something else. They also freeze really well if you do not need them straight away.
- Sprinkle over the remainder of the salt mix to cover. Place a lid on top and store in the fridge for about 16 hours. You can leave them for longer but they will become firmer.
- The next day, carefully remove the yolks from the salt mix and carefully rinse the salt off. Dab with some paper towel. Transfer to a storage container and reserve until required. Keep chilled. These will last for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- Enjoy served with some steamed asparagus and smashed avocado toast soldiers