Dolly's 'Sunday Brunch' Chocolate Soufflé
Dolly the 2CV appears on Sunday Brunch to make their signature soufflé - we've picked their chocolate one to share with you.
- Prep time:15 minutes
- Cooking time:45 minutes
- Heat the oven, and a baking tray, to 210C/410F/gas 6½.
- Butter six small ramekins, then coat the insides with caster sugar. Put in the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate and cocoa in a heatproof bowl set above, but not touching, a pan of simmering water, stirring to combine. Remove and leave to cool slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Separate the eggs, being careful no trace of yolk is in the whites.
- Beat the yolks with 40g of the sugar until very thick and pale.
- Wash the beaters well, then whisk the whites with a good pinch of salt until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and whip to soft peaks. Add the remaining sugar and beat until just stiff, but still glossy.
- Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg yolks, then add a spoonful of egg whites and stir well then gently fold in the rest.
- Spoon the souffle mix into the prepared dishes from the fridge, leave a 1cm gap at the top.
- Tap the dishes to level the mixture, then clean the sides well.
- You can either chill until ready to bake, or put them in the oven straight away.
- When ready to cook run the tip of a knife around the side of mixture, put on the hot baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes, until well risen but still soft inside.
- Serve immediately.
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.