Dolly's 'Sunday Brunch' Chocolate Soufflé
Dolly the 2CV appears on Sunday Brunch to make their signature soufflé - we've picked their chocolate one to share with you.
- Prep time:15 minutes
- Cooking time:45 minutes
- Heat the oven, and a baking tray, to 210C/410F/gas 6½.
- Butter six small ramekins, then coat the insides with caster sugar. Put in the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate and cocoa in a heatproof bowl set above, but not touching, a pan of simmering water, stirring to combine. Remove and leave to cool slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Separate the eggs, being careful no trace of yolk is in the whites.
- Beat the yolks with 40g of the sugar until very thick and pale.
- Wash the beaters well, then whisk the whites with a good pinch of salt until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and whip to soft peaks. Add the remaining sugar and beat until just stiff, but still glossy.
- Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg yolks, then add a spoonful of egg whites and stir well then gently fold in the rest.
- Spoon the souffle mix into the prepared dishes from the fridge, leave a 1cm gap at the top.
- Tap the dishes to level the mixture, then clean the sides well.
- You can either chill until ready to bake, or put them in the oven straight away.
- When ready to cook run the tip of a knife around the side of mixture, put on the hot baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes, until well risen but still soft inside.
- Serve immediately.