To celebrate Egg Week, and the theme of Britain's Favourite Breakfast we'll be bringing you a new recipe each day. This is one from Kat in the Kitchen is one of our favourites. Kat is a food stylist, food writer and recipe creator.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/gas 4. Lightly grease two 20cm oven dishes with 5g of the butter and set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan over a high heat and add the butter. Once it has melted add the spinach. Stir it occasionally to make sure it all comes into contact with the heat and gets coated in butter – this should only take 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, squeeze the spinach with the back of a wooden spoon and tip out any excess butter and water. Add the cherry tomatoes, smoked cod and crème fraîche. Mix well and season to taste then divide between the two dishes.
- Make a little well in the centre of each dish and crack in an egg. Place the dishes into the oven and bake for 6–10 minutes, depending on how set you like your eggs.
- Remove from the oven and eat straight away with some hot buttery toast.