Egg Nog Crème Brulee with Teapigs Chai Tea
- Prep time:15 minutes
- Cooking time:30 minutes
- Place the cream and milk into a saucepan and gently heat to a simmer. Remove from the heat and add the tea pigs. Stir carefully and then gently press the tea pigs with the back of a spoon to release the flavours of the tea. Leave to steep for 10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 145 degrees Celsius
- Whisk the yolks and whole egg together with the sugar, orange zest, nutmeg and brandy.
- Strain the cream through a sieve then pour onto the egg mix. Whisk well to combine.
- Place a clean tea towel into the base of a deep roasting tray. Place 6 ramekins on top of the tea towel.
- Divide the brulee custard between the ramekins.
- Pour in very hot water to come half way up the sides of the ramekins. Cover the tray with foil if desired, but this is not essential.
- Place the brulees in the oven and cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until just set.
- Remove from the oven, then carefully take the brulees out of the roasting tin. They will be hot so use a cloth. Set aside to cool.
- Refrigerate until required.
- To serve, sprinkle the tops with caster sugar. Use a blow torch to caramelise the sugar or place the brulees under a pre-heated grill until the tops are golden.
- Serve with garnish of your choice.