Egg Nog Crème Brulee with Teapigs Chai Tea
- Prep time:15 minutes
- Cooking time:30 minutes
- Place the cream and milk into a saucepan and gently heat to a simmer. Remove from the heat and add the tea pigs. Stir carefully and then gently press the tea pigs with the back of a spoon to release the flavours of the tea. Leave to steep for 10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 145 degrees Celsius
- Whisk the yolks and whole egg together with the sugar, orange zest, nutmeg and brandy.
- Strain the cream through a sieve then pour onto the egg mix. Whisk well to combine.
- Place a clean tea towel into the base of a deep roasting tray. Place 6 ramekins on top of the tea towel.
- Divide the brulee custard between the ramekins.
- Pour in very hot water to come half way up the sides of the ramekins. Cover the tray with foil if desired, but this is not essential.
- Place the brulees in the oven and cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until just set.
- Remove from the oven, then carefully take the brulees out of the roasting tin. They will be hot so use a cloth. Set aside to cool.
- Refrigerate until required.
- To serve, sprinkle the tops with caster sugar. Use a blow torch to caramelise the sugar or place the brulees under a pre-heated grill until the tops are golden.
- Serve with garnish of your choice.
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.