Family Egg Curry
A fantastic mid-week meal, for all the family that is affordable, nutritious and delicious. The spiced eggs in curried tomato is served with a chunky cauliflower rice but tastes just as good with rice. It's a super quick meal and when you're stocked up on spices its super cheap to make too. We recommend trying it with our Hen Picked eggs, a mixed size egg and a collection of our finest eggs.
- Prep time:10 minutes
- Cooking time:15 minutes
- For the Egg Curry
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Curry Leaf
- 1 tsp Curry Powder or Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 Large Red Onions
- 50 g Root Ginger peeled and grated
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 X400g Chopped Tomato
- 8 St. Ewe Free Range Eggs (Hen Picked)
- Coriander to garnish
- For the Cauliflower Rice:
- 1/2 cauliflower grated or finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flakes
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1/2 tsp Yellow Mustard Seeds
- Pinch of Turmeric
- Heat your oil and spices together in a pan and stir until a paste forms.
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger and a decent splash of water.
- Hard boil your eggs for 4 minutes and peel whilst still warm.
- Add chopped tomato to your curry and cook for 5-10 minutes. Then add in your eggs and garnish with chopped coriander.
- For the cauliflower rice simply place all ingredients into a lined baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes at 180˚C.