Family Egg Curry
A fantastic mid-week meal, for all the family that is affordable, nutritious and delicious. The spiced eggs in curried tomato is served with a chunky cauliflower rice but tastes just as good with rice. It's a super quick meal and when you're stocked up on spices its super cheap to make too. We recommend trying it with our Hen Picked eggs, a mixed size egg and a collection of our finest eggs.
- Prep time:10 minutes
- Cooking time:15 minutes
- For the Egg Curry
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Curry Leaf
- 1 tsp Curry Powder or Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 Large Red Onions
- 50 g Root Ginger peeled and grated
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 X400g Chopped Tomato
- 8 St. Ewe Free Range Eggs (Hen Picked)
- Coriander to garnish
- For the Cauliflower Rice:
- 1/2 cauliflower grated or finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flakes
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1/2 tsp Yellow Mustard Seeds
- Pinch of Turmeric
- Heat your oil and spices together in a pan and stir until a paste forms.
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger and a decent splash of water.
- Hard boil your eggs for 4 minutes and peel whilst still warm.
- Add chopped tomato to your curry and cook for 5-10 minutes. Then add in your eggs and garnish with chopped coriander.
- For the cauliflower rice simply place all ingredients into a lined baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes at 180˚C.
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.