Cornish Saffron Cake French Toast with Spiced Maple Syrup
- Prep time:10 minutes
- Cooking time:10 minutes
- Place the maple syrup in a small saucepan with the rest of the syrup ingredients
- Bring to the simmer then turn off and leave to infuse. Once cooled, strain and put into a small jug.
- To make the French toast, whisk the egg with the milk and mixed spice.
- Dunk the saffron cake into egg mix to coat.
- Heat the butter in a non stick frying pan, until foamy. Take the slices of saffron cake from the egg mix and carefully shake off any excess. Place the slices into the pan and cook for a few minutes either side until golden and crisp on the outside.
- Place onto warmed serving plates. Scatter over slices the banana. Spoon over the maple syrup. Dust with some icing sugar and serve. A spoonful of Greek yoghurt is a delicious addition if liked.
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.