Festive Nut Roast
- Prep time:20 mins
- Cooking time:30 mins
- 400 g mix of sweet potato carrot, squash, potato, leeks, mushrooms etc,
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- a small can chickpeas rinsed, drained and blended to resemble coarse crumbs
- 150 g cooked chestnuts blended until quite fine ( a few coarse bits is fine)
- 100 g mixed nuts of choice roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 3 Rich Yolk Eggs lightly whisked
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a loaf tin with baking parchment
- Roughly chop your vegetables of choice. Place on a roasting tray and drizzle with half of the olive oil. Sprinkle over salt and pepper. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes until just cooked.
- Place a non stick pan over medium heat. Add the remaining oil, then the onion and garlic. Cook for a few minutes then add the spices, vegetables, nuts and thyme.
- Tip into a bowl. Add the chestnuts and chickpeas. Pour on the eggs and mix. Season well.
- Spoon into the prepared loaf tin, then place into the oven. Cook for about 30 minutes, until it feels firm to the touch and is cooked through.
- Serve with vegetables of choice
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.