Festive Queen of Puddings
- Prep time:15 minutes
- Cooking time:45-60 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius
- Put the milk into a saucepan and heat through.
- Add the butter, golden caster, orange zest and stir to melt the butter.
- Put the yolks into a bowl. Whisk the hot milk mix onto the yolks.
- Put the cake crumbs into the bottom of an oven proof casserole dish. If preferred, use individual pudding moulds.
- Pour over the milk and egg mix and leave to absorb for a few minutes.
- Place the dish into a deep roasting tray. Pour in enough boiling water to come half way up the side of the dish and place in the oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the custard is set.
- Remove from the oven and take out from the roasting tin. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the marmalade and alcohol of choice together
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually add the caster sugar gradually and beat until the meringue us thick and glossy.
- Carefully spread the marmalade on top of the set custard.
- Spoon or pipe the meringue on top to cover, swirling as desired to decorate.
- Place the pudding onto a tray and then pop it into the oven. Cook for 20 minutes or until the meringue topping is just starting to go golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.