Festive Queen of Puddings
- Prep time:15 minutes
- Cooking time:45-60 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius
- Put the milk into a saucepan and heat through.
- Add the butter, golden caster, orange zest and stir to melt the butter.
- Put the yolks into a bowl. Whisk the hot milk mix onto the yolks.
- Put the cake crumbs into the bottom of an oven proof casserole dish. If preferred, use individual pudding moulds.
- Pour over the milk and egg mix and leave to absorb for a few minutes.
- Place the dish into a deep roasting tray. Pour in enough boiling water to come half way up the side of the dish and place in the oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the custard is set.
- Remove from the oven and take out from the roasting tin. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the marmalade and alcohol of choice together
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually add the caster sugar gradually and beat until the meringue us thick and glossy.
- Carefully spread the marmalade on top of the set custard.
- Spoon or pipe the meringue on top to cover, swirling as desired to decorate.
- Place the pudding onto a tray and then pop it into the oven. Cook for 20 minutes or until the meringue topping is just starting to go golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.