Kale, Avocado, Kimchi & Quinoa Salad with Miso Pickled Eggs
Recipe of the Month: March Kale is in season during March, it is one of the few green vegetables that is more abundant and flavourful during the coldest months of the year. It can be substituted for cabbage or spinach. Kale is a nutritionally rich food containing; vitamins A, C, E, with a substantial mineral content including manganese, iron, calcium and potassium.
- Prep time:5 minutes
- Cooking time:20 minutes
- For the eggs
- 2 St Ewe Eggs
- 1 tsp Miso Paste
- 50 ml soya sauce
- 10 ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 50 ml water
- For the Salad
- 4 handfuls of mixed Baby Kale and Rocket Leaves
- 1 handful of Raw Cauliflower florets
- 1 Avocado halved and sliced finely
- 2 handfuls of roasted Sweet Potato
- 2 tbsp of Kimchi
- 100 g cooked Quinoa
- 2 tsp Cornish Sea Salt Seaweed Pepper
- Good Olive Oil for Drizzling
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil and add the eggs. Simmer for 7 minutes, then remove from the heat, drain off the water and run the eggs under cold water to cool
- Whisk the soya sauce, miso paste, water and balsamic together.
- Once the eggs are cool, peel and place into the miso marinade.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In the mean time, assemble your salad bowls by placing kale and rocket leaves in the bottom of 2 bowls.
- Top with the quinoa, sweet potato, cauliflower, kimchi and avocado.
- When the eggs are ready, remove form the marinade. Spoon some of the marinade over the salad to dress as desired.
- Cut the eggs in half and place on top of the salad.
- Drizzle with Olive Oil and sprinkle over the seaweed pepper and enjoy!
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.