Korean Buckwheat & Spring Onion Pancakes
A twist to the standard Pancake recipe. (Gluten Free, can also be made dairy free)
- Prep time:10 minutes
- Cooking time:20 minutes
- 125 g Buckwheat Flour
- tsp ½Baking Powder
- 3 St. Ewe Free Range Eggs
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 100 ml approximately Milk of your choice (I used gluten free oat milk making them dairy free*)
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 6 spring onions
- 4 extra eggs optional
- 100 g Spinach leaves sauteed
- 2 tsp toasted seeds
- Put the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Using a whisk, mix in the eggs, sesame oil and enough milk to form a creamy batter. Set aside and prepare the other ingredients.
- Slice the spring onions in half lengthwise, then diagonally to form long strips.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a non stick pan. Mix the Spring Onion into the batter with the sesame seeds. Spoon in a ladelful of the batter into the pan. Cook the pancake for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn over the pancake and cook for another 3 minutes. Repeat the process with the remaining pancake batter. Alternatively, when you turn the pan cake over. Crack an egg on top, then cover the pan with a lid and lower the heat. Continue to cook until the pancake is cooked through and the the egg white is set. Remove to serving plate.
- Serve the pancakes topped with scoops or slices of avocado, sautéed spinach, toasted seeds and some sauce of you like it hot!
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.