Korean Buckwheat & Spring Onion Pancakes
A twist to the standard Pancake recipe. (Gluten Free, can also be made dairy free)
- Prep time:10 minutes
- Cooking time:20 minutes
- 125 g Buckwheat Flour
- tsp ½Baking Powder
- 3 St. Ewe Free Range Eggs
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 100 ml approximately Milk of your choice (I used gluten free oat milk making them dairy free*)
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 6 spring onions
- 4 extra eggs optional
- 100 g Spinach leaves sauteed
- 2 tsp toasted seeds
- Put the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Using a whisk, mix in the eggs, sesame oil and enough milk to form a creamy batter. Set aside and prepare the other ingredients.
- Slice the spring onions in half lengthwise, then diagonally to form long strips.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a non stick pan. Mix the Spring Onion into the batter with the sesame seeds. Spoon in a ladelful of the batter into the pan. Cook the pancake for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn over the pancake and cook for another 3 minutes. Repeat the process with the remaining pancake batter. Alternatively, when you turn the pan cake over. Crack an egg on top, then cover the pan with a lid and lower the heat. Continue to cook until the pancake is cooked through and the the egg white is set. Remove to serving plate.
- Serve the pancakes topped with scoops or slices of avocado, sautéed spinach, toasted seeds and some sauce of you like it hot!