A perfect Lunchbox meal for children and adults a like! A great way to use up left over veggies - you can also make them a little simpler with just cheese and tomato for fussy eaters. Safe in the knowledge that eggs contain every vitamin except Vitamin C, along with lots of nutrients and minerals. Try using our Boost the Roost eggs - which also contain HIGH levels of Selenium and DHA Omega 3.
- Prep time:10 minutes
- Cooking time:20 minutes
- 1 Tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 300 g vegetables of choice roughly chopped- Broccoli, Beans, Spinach, kale, Peas, Sweet Corn, Leeks, Mushrooms, Peppers, Courgettes, cherry tomatoes
- Non stick Cooking spray or cupcake paper liners
- 100 g Ham diced (optional)
- 100 g Grated Cheddar optional
- 8 St Ewe Eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a non stick pan over medium high heat. Add the oil then tip in the vegetables and cook for a few minutes until they start to soften.
- While they are cooking, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tray with non stick cooking spray or line with cupcake papers.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add seasoning to taste and whisk well. Using a stick blender works really well.
- Remove the vegetables from the heat and mix in the ham and cheese if using.
- Divide the vegetable mix between the 12 cupcake/muffin liners
- Pour over the egg mix
- Place the tray on the preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes or until puffed, golden and the eggs are set.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool or enjoy straight away. These eggy muffins can be refrigerated for a few days and make a great snack or addition to a lunch box.