Olive, Feta, Sun Blush Tomato and Basil Tartlets
- Prep time:30 minutes
- Cooking time:15 minutes
- For the pastry:
- 100 g unsalted butter cubed
- Pinch of salt
- 200 g plain flour plus a little extra for dusting
- Water to mix
- For the filling:
- 1 handful of pitted kalamata olives roughly chopped
- 100 g Feta cut into small cubes
- 8 sun blush tomatoes roughly chopped
- 6 basil leaves torn
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 Rich Yolk Eggs
- 100 ml milk
- If you are making the pastry, place the flour, butter and the pinch of salt into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mix resembles fine crumbs. Add a little water to bring the mix together into a firm dough. Remove from the food processor and wrap in cling film. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together with a little seasoning. Go easy on the salt as the feta will add to the seasoned taste.
- Lightly dust a 12 whole non-stick muffin tray with some flour. Roll out the pastry on to a floured board and cut 12 circles to fit. Carefully ease them into the muffin cases, pressing in gently.
- Divide the basil, sun blush tomatoes and basil between the tartlets. Top with the cubed feta.
- Pour in the egg mix then place into the preheated oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until the tartlets are puffed and golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool or eat straight away.
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.