Salmon fire cracker rice
- Cooking time:35 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC and boil the kettle for water to cook the rice.
- Wrap the salmon fillets in tin foil and place on a baking sheet in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Cook the rice on a medium heat. (You could also use pre-cooked rice for convenience, if you do, use 1 cup as the rice will expand when it cooks.)
- Whilst the salmon and rice is cooking, prepare your sauce and veggies. For the sauce, add the chilli, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and the white half of the spring onions to a blender and pulse until completely smooth.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a large frying pan/wok. Add your veggies and stir fry for 2 minutes. Pour over your sauce and stir fry for another 5 minutes on a medium heat. Put the pan aside.
- When the rice is cooked, add it to a non stick pan over a high heat with 1/2 a tbsp of olive oil. Add 2 St Ewe Boost the Roost eggs and stir for around 2 minutes until they are cooked.
- When the salmon is cooked, remove it from the foil and break into chunks using a fork.
- Add the egg fried rice and salmon to the big pan with the stir fried veggies and heat through over a medium heat.
- Serve in a bowl topped with finely chopped spring onion tops.
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.