The theme for British Egg Week this year is Britain's Favourite Breakfast and we are loving this twist on the classic from our resident chef, Fiona Were our "Kernow Kiwi".
- Prep time:10 minutes
- Cooking time:5 minutes
- Preheat the grill.
- Separate 2 of the eggs, placing the whites yolks into a clean, grease free bowl. Put the yolks and 1 whole egg into a separate bowl. Whisk the whole egg and yolks together until well combined.
- Whisk the egg whites with the salt until soft peaks form.
- Fold half of the whites into the yolk mix and gently stir to mix. Fold the other half of whites into the mix.
- Put a small, non stick pan over medium high heat. Add the oil and swirl around the pan. Pour in the omelette. Cook for a couple of minutes until it is starting to colour on the bottom.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese and chives, then place under the preheated grill. Cook for a couple of minutes or until the cheese is melting.
- Remove from under the grill. Carefully tip onto a plate using a fish slice to loosen if needed, gently folding the omelette in half as you tip it out.
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.