- Rinse the split peas/lentils and simmer in the vegetable stock until soft and tender. Follow the packet instructions as some require soaking overnight.
- In a separate frying pan, gently heat the coconut oil over a medium heat and add the diced onion, grated garlic and ginger, along with all the dried spices. Sauté until soft and fragrant (roughly 3 minutes)
- Once the split peas/lentils are cooked, add the spiced onion mixture and continue to simmer together for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and the spinach leaves. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Fry the eggs gently in a pan with some coconut oil until cooked to your preference.
- Serve with some warm naan breads, fresh lime and the tangy pickle.
- Add all the ingredients in to a blender and blitz until you get a beautiful pickle consistency. Quick and easy and adds a nice fresh punch to the dish.
Share this Recipe