Super Quick Ramen with St Ewe Boost the Roost Soya Egg
More of a process than a recipe and this can be adapted to use ingredients that you have in your fridge. No rules as such with this one, just loads of great flavour!
- For the eggs, bring a saucepan on salted water to the boil and carefully add the Boost the Roost Eggs, allowing one per person. Simmer for 6 minutes then tip off the hot water. Carefully tap the shells to break the vacuum and then run under cold water until cool.
- Peel the eggs and place into a small container. For each egg used, add 50ml of soya sauce, 20 ml water and 20 ml Black Rice Vinegar. Ensure the eggs are submerged. Set aside for half an hour to infuse. Do not do these too far in advance as the eggs become a little odd of left in this mix over night.
- Concoct an aromatic noodle broth using a well flavoured concentrated stock for the base, such as a good chicken stock, adding some finely chopped ginger and chilli to it if liked and a good dash of soya sauce. A tsp of miso paste makes the stock very delicious.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil for cooking the noodles.
- Stir-fry your vegetables. Be generous with the amount you use. Broccoli, Spring Onion, Garlic, Kale, Cauliflower, Mushrooms, Peppers etc are all delicious. Some leftover shredded roast chicken, pork or prawns can be added now also. Add a little water or some of the stock and cover with a lid to quickly steam the vegetables for a couple of minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, drop the noodles of choice into the boiling water and cook until al dente. Strain and place into a bowl.
- Add the vegetable mix and ladle over the hot stock. Cut the egg in half and place on top.
- Sprinkle with chopped spring onion, Furikake mix or ground dried fish.
- Prepare to slurp!
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.