Sweetcorn & Spring Onion Pancakes
- 100 g Sweet Corn Kernels fresh or frozen
- 1 spring onions thinly sliced
- 120 g Self Raising Flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Milk to mix Nut or Dairy
- 100 g St Ewe Liquid Egg White or 4 Egg Whites
- 1-2 Tbsp Butter/Coconut Oil or Vegetable Oil for cooking
- To serve:
- Sliced Avocado half a large one
- Lime Wedges
- Chilli Sauce or Ketchup optional
- Rocket leaves
- Sea Salt and Freshly Milled Black Pepper
- Place the sweetcorn and spring onion in a mixing bowl. Add the flour, Mix together with enough milk to form a thick batter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non stick pan over medium high heat.
- While the pan is heating, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks are formed.
- Stir half the egg white into the batter and mix until well blended. Carefully fold the remaining egg white into the batter to make a soft, airy batter.
- Add some oil or butter to the hot frying pan. Spoon on some of the batter to form pancakes that are about 10cm in diameter.
- Cook for a few minutes until golden then turn over and cook until the other side is also golden. Set aside and keep warm.
- Repeat this process with the remaining batter mix.
- When all of the batter has been used, divide the pancakes out between serving plates. Garnish with slices of avocado, rocket leaves and a wedge of lime to squeeze over. Sprinkle over some sea salt flakes and black pepper. Drizzle over sauce of choice if desired and serve.
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.