- Place the sweetcorn and spring onion in a mixing bowl. Add the flour, Mix together with enough milk to form a thick batter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non stick pan over medium high heat.
- While the pan is heating, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks are formed.
- Stir half the egg white into the batter and mix until well blended. Carefully fold the remaining egg white into the batter to make a soft, airy batter.
- Add some oil or butter to the hot frying pan. Spoon on some of the batter to form pancakes that are about 10cm in diameter.
- Cook for a few minutes until golden then turn over and cook until the other side is also golden. Set aside and keep warm.
- Repeat this process with the remaining batter mix.
- When all of the batter has been used, divide the pancakes out between serving plates. Garnish with slices of avocado, rocket leaves and a wedge of lime to squeeze over. Sprinkle over some sea salt flakes and black pepper. Drizzle over sauce of choice if desired and serve.
Share this Recipe