Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
The fry up with eggs is still the choice for 42% of Brits when eating out! Here Fiona Were, our resident chef has put a fry up in a sandwich! Amazing!!
- Preheat the grill until hot.
- Make the kimchi ketchup by placing the kimchi and tomato ketchup into a small bowl. Puree together with a stick blender until smooth. Transfer to a storage container or bottle until required. You will have much more than required to make one sandwich so can enjoy it with other things. It’s a delicious topping on halved hard boiled eggs as a snack.
- Grill the sausages until colouring on one side, turn over.
- Add the bacon and hogs pudding to the grill tray. Continue to cook until the sausages are cooked through and the bacon is as crispy as you like it.
- While the sausages are cooking, heat a medium sized non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add a scant amount of oil and cook the spinach until just wilted.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Clean the pan and dry it then place back on the heat. Add the rest of the oil and fry the eggs to the desired cooking degree. A lid placed on the will help to set the tops of the eggs.
- Spread the mayo on the inside of the top and bottom slices of sour dough.
- Place the bottom slice onto a plate.
- Add the spinach. Remove the sausages etc from under the grill.
- Alice the sausages in half lengthways and place on top of the spinach.
- Next add the bacon and hogs pudding finishing with the eggs.
- Drizzle with kimchi ketchup. Grind over some black pepper if liked.
- Top with the remaining sour dough slice and serve.