Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
The fry up with eggs is still the choice for 42% of Brits when eating out! Here Fiona Were, our resident chef has put a fry up in a sandwich! Amazing!!
- Preheat the grill until hot.
- Make the kimchi ketchup by placing the kimchi and tomato ketchup into a small bowl. Puree together with a stick blender until smooth. Transfer to a storage container or bottle until required. You will have much more than required to make one sandwich so can enjoy it with other things. It’s a delicious topping on halved hard boiled eggs as a snack.
- Grill the sausages until colouring on one side, turn over.
- Add the bacon and hogs pudding to the grill tray. Continue to cook until the sausages are cooked through and the bacon is as crispy as you like it.
- While the sausages are cooking, heat a medium sized non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add a scant amount of oil and cook the spinach until just wilted.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Clean the pan and dry it then place back on the heat. Add the rest of the oil and fry the eggs to the desired cooking degree. A lid placed on the will help to set the tops of the eggs.
- Spread the mayo on the inside of the top and bottom slices of sour dough.
- Place the bottom slice onto a plate.
- Add the spinach. Remove the sausages etc from under the grill.
- Alice the sausages in half lengthways and place on top of the spinach.
- Next add the bacon and hogs pudding finishing with the eggs.
- Drizzle with kimchi ketchup. Grind over some black pepper if liked.
- Top with the remaining sour dough slice and serve.
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.