Work with us
Join our family run business. We are an innovative, fast paced, orders based business working with Supermarkets and Distributors from Cornwall to London.
Quality is the bedrock of our business, and we take pride in every egg that leaves our farms. We are always looking for people who can share our passion and bring a positive attitude to the job and team.
We offer all training, and as we are a growing business we can offer the opportunity for growth.
If there is not a job advertised that you think you can do, please feel free to send us your CV and a letter telling us what you’d like to be doing!
Full Time – 40 hours flexible working
This key role demands high standards of welfare and knowledge of free-range laying hen husbandry. Covering our 3 houses on site as well as liaising and auditing our South West producers.
- Manage St Ewe’s 3 houses and the welfare of hens.
- Manage and maintain bio-security systems for the hen’s houses and range.
- Responsible for a small team and rota egg collection covering 7 days per week.
- Accurately manage flock records and ensure timely corrective actions as required.
- Analyse and report on welfare statistics, egg yields and feed data, keeping the database up to date to help validate NPD.
- Responsibility for the management of feed through liaison with Humphreys Feeds and ordering of feed accurately in conjunction with current NPD trials.
- Manage systems to ensure population and depopulation to highest standards of welfare and hygiene.
- Manage staff training including Health & Safety, Best Practice, Food Hygiene and Animal Welfare.
- Responsibility for site pest control and range management including record keeping and timely action.
- Communicate and listen to our producer farmers, proactively helping with challenges, and any other issues and support in the best possible way.
- Introduce and manage end of flock reports, meeting with the producers and analyse different or better processes for the next flock
- Manage external producer audits to BEIC and Freedom Food standards as they occur also liaise and advise producers.
- Liaise with governing bodies, management and effect change if required.
- Maintain conformance with BEIC and Freedom Food regulations including Salmonella sample testing across our producer base, database activities, records and reports.
- Work with our Head of Marketing to contribute content for our quarterly producer newsletters.
An Ideal candidate will have;
- A love of poultry
- Ambition and a positive attitude and want to better themselves
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Embraces the importance of Bio-security
- A full clean driver’s licence and happy to travel between our producer base in the South West.
To apply please send covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org