Blueberry Yoghurt & Spelt Pancakes
- 100 g Spelt Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Mixed spice
- 50 g thick yoghurt
- 2 tsp Honey or maple syrup
- Milk to mix Nut or Dairy
- 2 handfuls of blueberries
- 75 g St Ewe Liquid Egg White
- 1-2 Tbsp Butter/Coconut Oil or Vegetable Oil for cooking
- To Serve:
- Another handful of blueberries
- 2 Tbsp thick yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup of Honey to drizzle
- Place the flour, mixed spice and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the honey or maple syrup and yoghurt, adding enough milk to make a thick batter.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over medium heat.
- While the pan is heating, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Mix half the whipped egg whites into the batter until smooth. Fold in the remaining egg white to form a light and airy batter. Gently fold in the blueberries
- Add a little oil or butter to the hot pan and ladle in the pancake batter, cooking 3 or 4 at a time. Go for pancakes that are 10cm in diameter. Cook for a few minutes until they become golden and the top starts to set. Turn over and cook until the other side is golden Set aside and keep warm.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the batter mix until it is all used.
- To serve, divide the pancakes between 2 plates, stacking them on top of each other. Drizzle with Honey or Maple Syrup. Scatter over Blueberries and spoon on some yoghurt.