Blueberry Yoghurt & Spelt Pancakes
- 100 g Spelt Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Mixed spice
- 50 g thick yoghurt
- 2 tsp Honey or maple syrup
- Milk to mix Nut or Dairy
- 2 handfuls of blueberries
- 75 g St Ewe Liquid Egg White
- 1-2 Tbsp Butter/Coconut Oil or Vegetable Oil for cooking
- To Serve:
- Another handful of blueberries
- 2 Tbsp thick yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup of Honey to drizzle
- Place the flour, mixed spice and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the honey or maple syrup and yoghurt, adding enough milk to make a thick batter.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over medium heat.
- While the pan is heating, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Mix half the whipped egg whites into the batter until smooth. Fold in the remaining egg white to form a light and airy batter. Gently fold in the blueberries
- Add a little oil or butter to the hot pan and ladle in the pancake batter, cooking 3 or 4 at a time. Go for pancakes that are 10cm in diameter. Cook for a few minutes until they become golden and the top starts to set. Turn over and cook until the other side is golden Set aside and keep warm.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the batter mix until it is all used.
- To serve, divide the pancakes between 2 plates, stacking them on top of each other. Drizzle with Honey or Maple Syrup. Scatter over Blueberries and spoon on some yoghurt.
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.