- Place the flour, mixed spice and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the honey or maple syrup and yoghurt, adding enough milk to make a thick batter.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over medium heat.
- While the pan is heating, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Mix half the whipped egg whites into the batter until smooth. Fold in the remaining egg white to form a light and airy batter. Gently fold in the blueberries
- Add a little oil or butter to the hot pan and ladle in the pancake batter, cooking 3 or 4 at a time. Go for pancakes that are 10cm in diameter. Cook for a few minutes until they become golden and the top starts to set. Turn over and cook until the other side is golden Set aside and keep warm.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the batter mix until it is all used.
- To serve, divide the pancakes between 2 plates, stacking them on top of each other. Drizzle with Honey or Maple Syrup. Scatter over Blueberries and spoon on some yoghurt.
Share this Recipe