Don’t leave your delicious Christmas lunch leftovers sitting in the back of the fridge until the New Year - transform them into a super nutritious, quick and easy Bubble & Squeak perfect for brunch, lunch or dinner!
- Preheat the grill and in a bowl, mix the veggies with the mashed potato, salt & pepper (and leftover meat if using).
- Add 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of oil to each of the two small frying pans and lightly fry the onion over a medium heat until golden.
- Add the bubble & squeak mixture to the pans, squash down using a spatula to completely cover the base of the pan.
- Fry for 15 minutes mixing here and there to get all the ingredients cooking. Cook until the edges start to brown then ruffle the top of the bubble & squeak using a fork (the more ruffled, the more crispy bits).
- Melt the remaining tbsp of butter and brush the top of the bubble & squeak.
- Place under the grill for around 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Whilst the bubble & squeaks are grilling poach or fry your eggs depending on which you prefer.
- Remove the bubble & squeak from the grill and top each with a poached or fried egg. Enjoy!