Boxing Day Leftover Fried Rice
Serves 4 as a main meal, but makes a perfect leftover meal with a twist. Great hot addition to a Boxing Day buffet!
- Prep time:5 minutes
- Cooking time:20 minutes
- 150 g to 200g basmati rice
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 small onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 200 g leftover roast Turkey shredded
- 200 g of leftover vegetables from your Christmas dinner roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 nub of fresh ginger peeled and julienned
- 2 Rich Yolk Eggs lightly whisked
- 2 tbsp leftover gravy
- Soya sauce to taste
- Chilli Sauce to taste optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- First cook the rice as you normally would, then drain off the water, if there is any left. Rinse under cold water and leave to drain.
- Place a non stick frying pan or wok over high heat.
- Add the sesame oil, then the onion and garlic.
- Stir fry until the onion is softened.
- Add the turkey and vegetables. Heat through.
- Add the ginger and spring onion, stirring to mix.
- Tip in the rice and stir fry for a few minutes until the rice starts to catch.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in the egg. Leave it to set for 30 seconds, then gently stir through.
- Add the gravy and soya sauce to taste; also chilli sauce if using. Taste and check seasoning adding salt and pepper if required, then serve.