Boxing Day Leftover Fried Rice
Serves 4 as a main meal, but makes a perfect leftover meal with a twist. Great hot addition to a Boxing Day buffet!
- Prep time:5 minutes
- Cooking time:20 minutes
- 150 g to 200g basmati rice
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 small onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 200 g leftover roast Turkey shredded
- 200 g of leftover vegetables from your Christmas dinner roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 nub of fresh ginger peeled and julienned
- 2 Rich Yolk Eggs lightly whisked
- 2 tbsp leftover gravy
- Soya sauce to taste
- Chilli Sauce to taste optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- First cook the rice as you normally would, then drain off the water, if there is any left. Rinse under cold water and leave to drain.
- Place a non stick frying pan or wok over high heat.
- Add the sesame oil, then the onion and garlic.
- Stir fry until the onion is softened.
- Add the turkey and vegetables. Heat through.
- Add the ginger and spring onion, stirring to mix.
- Tip in the rice and stir fry for a few minutes until the rice starts to catch.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in the egg. Leave it to set for 30 seconds, then gently stir through.
- Add the gravy and soya sauce to taste; also chilli sauce if using. Taste and check seasoning adding salt and pepper if required, then serve.
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.