This is a delicious chocolate mousse made with olive oil instead of cream, so it is perfect for anyone who cannot tolerate lactose. The recipe can easily be halved or increased depending on how much chocolate mousse you require.
- Prep time:20 minutes
- Melt the chocolate in a plastic bowl in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, or until melted, stirring part of the way through. Alternatively, place the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until melted.
- Add the olive oil and stir to combine. Set aside to cool a little while yo prepare the eggs.
- Beat the eggs yolks with half of the sugar until pale and fluffy
- Mix into the melted chocolate and add the vanilla or brandy if using
- Whip the egg whites with the salt until stiff peaks form
- Gradually add the sugar and whip until smooth and glossy
- Fold half the whipped egg whites into the chocolate mix, string until well combined.
- Carefully fold in the rest of the egg whites. Spoon into glasses or ramekins and set in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.