- Slice the sweet potato length ways in to strips of around 3mm or as thin as you can. You can use a mandolin if you have one - but watch your fingers!
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, just high enough so the sweet potatoes can sizzle gently and not burn quickly. Cook each side evenly for around 4 mins, until soft in the middle and crispy on the outside.
- Prepare the crumpets by toasting and spreading with the cream cheese.
- Poach the eggs in water on a rolling boil with a dash of white wine vinegar, for around 3 minutes or util cooked to your liking.
- Assemble the plates, stacking layers of the sweet potato on top of the cream cheese crumpets, topped with the poached eggs and drizzle with the maple syrup.
- This recipe is also fantastic with bacon or instead of the sweet potato!
Share this Recipe