Fresh Pasta Dough
Simply delicious with some grated cured egg yolks, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, some freshly shaved truffle and chopped fresh herbs.
- Prep time:30 minutes
- Cooking time:3 minutes
- Place the flour into the bowl of a food mixer, with a dough hook attachment
- Add the eggs with the olive oil
- Mix until a dough forms, adding a little water if required
- Knead the dough on low for 5 to 10 minutes or until it is smooth and silky*
- Remove from the mixer and shape into a ball. Wrap in cling film and set aside to rest for about half an hour.
- Dust clean work surface with flour and process the pasta through pasta machine, creating desired pasta ie: tagliatelle, linguine, papardelle or if you are feeling adventurous, into sheets to make ravioli or tortellini.
- Whichever pasta you make, cook in plenty of boiling, salted water for 2 to 3 minutes, or until it floats. Drain well and serve with desired sauce.
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.