Spring Onion, Spinach & Pea Frittatta with Feta & Seaweed
This frittata recipe is packed full of extra vitamins and nutrients, by using our Boost the Roost eggs to get higher levels of selenium and DHA Omega 3 plus vitamin B2, B12 and vitamin D. We have added an extra top of vitamins by using real seaweed also rich in B vitamins.
- Prep time:10 minutes
- Cooking time:20 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 350 g cooked new potatoes sliced
- 50 g frozen peas
- 4 spring onions sliced
- 2 handfuls of spinach leaves
- 6 St Ewe Eggs recommend Boost the Roost to get the extra nutrients & minerals
- 100 g Feta cubed
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp Seaweed Flakes (We used The Cornish Seaweed Company's Organic Mixed Seaweed Flakes)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Place a medium sized non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add the oil
- Once the pan is hot, add the potatoes and sauté until they start to colour.
- Add the peas, half the spring onion and spinach, cooking just until the spinach starts to wilt
- Whisk the eggs with seasoning to taste
- Pour into the pan and gently mix through, ensuring the ingredients are evenly distributed in the pan. Crumble over the feta and scatter over the remaining spring onion. Sprinkle over the seaweed flakes.
- Once the egg starts to cook on the bottom, place the pan into the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until the egg is puffed, golden and set.
- Remove from the oven. Leave to sit for 5 minutes or so and then invert onto a plate. Using another plate placed on top of the frittata, flip it the right way up.
- Either eat immediately cut into wedges or allow to cool before serving