- Gently fry the onions and garlic in an oven/grill proof pan with the olive oil until they are soft and fragrant.
- Add the peppers, chilli and sweetcorn to the pan and after 2 minutes add the tomato puree and smoked paprika, with some salt & pepper and continue to cook until they are soft.
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes and an extra drizzle of olive oil and simmer gently for 5 minutes
- Make 4 egg sized wells in the smokey tomato base and crack an egg into each one.
- Cook on the hob for a further 5 minutes on a simmer, and finish off under a hot grill for 2 minutes or until the top of the eggs are cooked.
- Finish by sprinkling the parsley and some extra chilli if you like it spicy. Serve with buttery sourdough or flatbreads.
Share this Recipe