A delicious meal that is seriously satisfying no matter what time of day you choose to have it. Full of delicious vegetables and spices that go perfectly with a lovely runny egg yolk (or two)!
- Cooking time:25 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Red Onion thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 green chilli sliced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tin of plum tomatoes
- 200 g roasted red peppers torn into strips
- ¼ savoy cabbage shredded
- 2-4 St Ewe Eggs depending how hungry you are
- To serve
- Coriander and flat leaf parsley leaves
- Heat a two-person skillet over a medium heat with the olive oil. Add the red onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and starting to brown.
- Add the fresh tomatoes and chilli and cook for another 5 minutes until the tomatoes start to break down. Mix in the chilli flakes, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Follow the spices with the tinned plum tomatoes breaking the tomatoes open as you go. Allow everything to simmer together for a few minutes, stirring every now and again so nothing burns.
- Add the peppers and cabbage and gently stir to combine. Allow to bubble away for 5 minutes, reducing the heat if it starts to boil too vigorously.
- Make wells in the mix and crack in as many eggs as you are having. The eggs will cook in the juices in around 5-10 minutes, depending on size and how close they are to the bottom of the pan etc so just keep your eye on them.
- Once the eggs are cooked to your liking, carefully remove the skillet from the heat and scatter with some fresh herbs.
- It’s also delicious served with a buttery wholewheat pitta, sprinkled in nigella seeds to dip into the eggs and scoop up the tomatoes.