Eggs contain a number of important minerals & nutrients like Vitamin B2, B12 & D. Combine this with Kimchi, fermented cabbage, packed full of vitamins A, B, and C and "healthy bacteria" called lactobacilli, that is great for gut health this recipe is health packed for Vegetarian Week.
- Place a small frying pan over medium heat. Add a tsp of the oil and then the savoy cabbage. Cook until it starts to wilt down. Add the kimchi and spring onion and cook for a minute or 2 longer.
- Remove from the heat and tip into a mixing bowl. Add the mashed potato mix well. There should be enough seasoning in the mix from the kimchi.
- Shape into 2 round cakes, flattening as desired. Dust with a little flour.
- Heat a small saucepan of water with the cider vinegar until just simmering.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add the oil. Once hot, carefully add the potato cakes and pan fry until golden on both sides.
- Poach your eggs as desired.
- Remove the potato cakes from the pan, drain on paper towels and then place onto a serving plate. Top with the sliced avocado and then the poached eggs.
- Sprinkle over some fiery sea pepper flakes if liked, or just some freshly milled black pepper.