Marbled Tea Eggs
Celebrate National Tea Day with Marbled Tea Eggs - perfect with a salad.
- Prep time:2 minutes
- Cooking time:12 minutes
- In a saucepan, bring 200ml of water to the boil. Add the tea bags, swirling to release the flavours.
- Add all the spices and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the soya sauce
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and carefully add the eggs. Simmer for 6 minutes, then cool down under cold running water.
- Using the back of a spoon, gently tap the eggs all over to crack the shells.
- Drop them into the spiced tea mix and leave to marinate for at 2 hours or over night.
- To serve, remove the eggs from the marinade, and carefully peel. Cut in half and serve.