Nourishing Salad with Beetroot Eggs
- Prep time:30 minutes
- 4 St Ewe Eggs hard boiled, cooled and peeled
- 150 ml Beetroot Juice
- 1 tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 4 leaves big handfuls of Saladsuch as gem lettuce spinach, rocket
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 Handfuls of Roasted Vegetables such as sweet potato squash etc roasted with some cumin seeds
- 1 Avocado
- 4 heaped Tbsp of Houmous recommend Beetroot Houmous
- For the dressing
- 1 Lime zested and juiced
- A dash of Maple or agave syrup to taste
- Water to thin
- Put the beetroot juice in a container with the cider vinegar
- Add the hard boiled eggs and leave to marinate for about half an hour. The longer you leave them, the more intensely coloured they will become.
- While the eggs are marinating, place a medium sized non stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add the oil.
- When hot, tip in the chickpeas and sauté. Add the turmeric and mustard seeds. Keep cooking, stirring now and then until the chickpeas start to get some crispy edges.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grab 4 salad bowls or plates and divide up the salad leaves between them.
- Add a few slices of avocado to each, then follow with piles of roasted vegetables and the chickpeas.
- Spoon on the houmous and the roasted chickpeas.
- Mix the tahini, lime and maple syrup together, thinning with enough water to make a dressing that can be drizzled over.
- Remove the eggs from the marinade. Wear gloves unless you fancy pink stained hands. Drain the eggs on paper towels and cut in half. Place 2 halves on each salad.
- Drizzle the tahini dressing over the top and serve.
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.