Baked Turmeric Eggs
Rhiannon Lambert, is a leading Harley Street Nutritionist and a regular user of our eggs. Here she shares her Baked Turmeric Eggs recipe, Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric; it’s said to have powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. Be aware that you do need a large amount of turmeric to see the benefits that some of the studies report – add a pinch of black pepper to aid absorption.
- Prep time:5 minutes
- Cooking time:12-15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan/220°C/425°F/gas mark 7.
- Lightly grease 2 small ovenproof ramekins (capacity 150ml) or small baking dishes with a little oil or butter and then divide your prepped chosen fillings between the ramekins.
- Whisk together the turmeric with the eggs then stir in the cheese and herbs, if using. Season with salt and pepper and pour into the ramekins over your fillings.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes until the egg is browned and set on top
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.