Baked Turmeric Eggs
Rhiannon Lambert, is a leading Harley Street Nutritionist and a regular user of our eggs. Here she shares her Baked Turmeric Eggs recipe, Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric; it’s said to have powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. Be aware that you do need a large amount of turmeric to see the benefits that some of the studies report – add a pinch of black pepper to aid absorption.
- Prep time:5 minutes
- Cooking time:12-15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan/220°C/425°F/gas mark 7.
- Lightly grease 2 small ovenproof ramekins (capacity 150ml) or small baking dishes with a little oil or butter and then divide your prepped chosen fillings between the ramekins.
- Whisk together the turmeric with the eggs then stir in the cheese and herbs, if using. Season with salt and pepper and pour into the ramekins over your fillings.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes until the egg is browned and set on top