Smoked Haddock Scotch Eggs
This recipe has a few more process than some of our more standard recipes, but this is a Rich Yolk worthy recipe! It's not difficult, it's just about getting stuck in and rolling up your sleeves - we promise you won't regret it as they taste amazing!! This Scotch Egg recipe is a twist on the classic Scotch Egg, it is light and fresh with the oozing egg yolk. Great served with a green salad.
- Prep time:45 minutes
- Cooking time:15 minutes
- Prepare the potatoes by boiling and cook until soft. For the last 5 minutes poach the smoked haddock in the water too
- Boil the eggs for exactly 3 minutes, then transfer straight to cool water to stop them cooking
- Drain the fish and potato and mash together with the milk and butter until you have a thick mash. Add chopped dill and season to taste.
- Set aside to cool and peel your eggs whilst they are still warm.
- Pat out tablespoons of the mash mix and mould around the eggs so that they are evenly covered.
- Dip in seasoned flour, then beaten egg and finally breadcrumbs. Double pane if required. Chill for an hour in the fridge or overnight if time allows.
- Heat Sunflower oil in a frying pan or small fryer and cook at 180˚C until crisp and golden.
- Try serving with a green salad and some black garlic mayo (mash black garlic cloves with a pestle and mortar and add to some full fat mayonnaise)
If you have put our recipes to the test or have any stories, recipe ideas of your own or photos you would like to share with us, please send to Nikki or follow and tag us on your social media posts.