Smoked Haddock Scotch Eggs
This recipe has a few more process than some of our more standard recipes, but this is a Rich Yolk worthy recipe! It's not difficult, it's just about getting stuck in and rolling up your sleeves - we promise you won't regret it as they taste amazing!! This Scotch Egg recipe is a twist on the classic Scotch Egg, it is light and fresh with the oozing egg yolk. Great served with a green salad.
- Prep time:45 minutes
- Cooking time:15 minutes
- Prepare the potatoes by boiling and cook until soft. For the last 5 minutes poach the smoked haddock in the water too
- Boil the eggs for exactly 3 minutes, then transfer straight to cool water to stop them cooking
- Drain the fish and potato and mash together with the milk and butter until you have a thick mash. Add chopped dill and season to taste.
- Set aside to cool and peel your eggs whilst they are still warm.
- Pat out tablespoons of the mash mix and mould around the eggs so that they are evenly covered.
- Dip in seasoned flour, then beaten egg and finally breadcrumbs. Double pane if required. Chill for an hour in the fridge or overnight if time allows.
- Heat Sunflower oil in a frying pan or small fryer and cook at 180˚C until crisp and golden.
- Try serving with a green salad and some black garlic mayo (mash black garlic cloves with a pestle and mortar and add to some full fat mayonnaise)