- Whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl or rimmed plate and place the slices of sourdough in to soak up the egg; around 4-5 minutes on each side. If your dish is not big enough, just do two at a time.
- Heat a pan to medium, enough to bring the butter and coconut oil to a light sizzle without it browning.
- Place the soaked bread into the pan, and leave to sizzle on a medium heat until it starts to brown slightly. This will be about 3-4 minutes.
- Before flipping the bread over, sprinkle each side with an even dusting of the coconut sugar and the sweet cinnamon.
- When the toast is flipped for the other side to cook, the sugar will caramelise and create the most incredible smell in the kitchen.
- Cook the caramel side down for a further 4-5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown
- Take the toast out of the pan and allow to cool slightly, before slicing into long triangles and adding toppings of choice!
- The toppings here are just a suggestion and it works really well with any fruit, cooked or chopped, and a drizzle of honey or sweet syrup.
Share this Recipe