Who doesn’t love a muffin? This recipe is bang on season and the cinnamon adds a real warmth, perfect for these chilly days. These muffins are wonderful for breakfast on the go, elevenses or as an afternoon snack to lift the spirits!
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Take a 12-hole muffin tray and line with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, beat the margarine and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat the St Ewe egg on its own, then stir into the margarine mixture.
- Sieve in the flour, cinnamon and baking powder, folding through the mixture being careful not to over mix. Stir in the ground almonds.
- Halve, core and chop the apple into 1cm chunks, then add to the mixing bowl along with the vanilla extract and half of the chopped hazelnuts. Stir a couple of times to combine.
- Take your muffin tray and divide the mixture between the paper cases and sprinkle the tops with the remaining hazelnuts.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 20 minutes, or until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack… and try not to eat them all at once!