- Bring a pan of water to the boil, enough to cover the eggs. Pop the eggs in gently and cook on a rolling boil for 4 minutes 20 Seconds.
- After removing from the hot water, run the eggs under a cold tap briefly to stop them cooking too much more in their residual heat. Dry off in a tea towel.
- For the asparagus, heat the butter in a frying pan, and place the asparagus in with a good seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Keep the pan lively by spooning the butter over and asparagus as it’s cooking. We want to keep a nice ‘bite’ to the spears so only cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 30 seconds before it’s finished cooking, add the zest and the juice of half a lemon to the pan.
- Serve with the perfectly boiled eggs and sprinkle with the fresh herbs and some more salt and pepper!
Share this Recipe