- This is a quick ‘cold pickle’. Simply thinly slice the cabbage, onion and radishes and cover with the vinegar in a bowl for 10/15 minutes.
- Once bright and pickled, drain the vegetables from the vinegar and leave to one side. Keep the vinegar which will now be a lovely shade of pink.
- Soft Boil the eggs - 5 minutes for a soft yolk (longer if you prefer it hard). Once finished cooking, drain the hot water and run the eggs under cold water to cool them down to prevent further cooking.
- Peel the eggs and place them in the pink vinegar we saved from the vegetables. Leave for 5-10 minutes to lightly pickle.
- For the pesto - blitz all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. This recipe will make extra for the fridge to use with something else later on!
- Toast the rye and spread with the cream cheese. Top with the salmon, pickled vegetables, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and cut the eggs into quarters - one egg per person.
- Drizzle with the balsamic glaze and some of the pesto before serving with a wedge of lemon and some fresh dill.
Share this Recipe